Note: All data current as of October 7, 2015
Yankees All-Time Post Season Record, by Opponent
Yankees All-Time Post Season Record, by Series
- The Astros, Diamondbacks, Marlins and Tigers are the only teams against whom the Yankees have played, but not won a post season series.
- The Cardinals, Diamondbacks and Marlins are the only teams to have won more World Series than they lost against the Yankees.
- The Yankees are 11-3 in “Subway Series”.
- The Yankees have never faced the Rays, Blue Jays, White Sox, Nationals/Expos, and Rockies in the post season.
- The Yankees longest post season losing streak is five games, which the team suffered on four occasions, including most recently from Game 1 of the 2014 ALCS to the 2015 Wild Card game. The longest individual series losing streak is six games in the World Series, ranging from Game 3 of the 1981 World Series to Game 2 of the 1996 World Series. The Yankees longest win-less streak in the post season is eight, suffered at the hands of the New York Giants from Games 6-8 of the 1921 World Series through Games 1-5 of the 1922 World Series (includes a Game 2 tie).
- The Yankees longest winning streak in the World Series is 14 games, beginning in Game 3 of the 1996 World Series and lasting until Game 3 of the 2000 World Series.
- The Yankees record for most consecutive post season wins is 12, which was accomplished twice: 1927, 28 and 36 World Series as well as Game 4 of the 1998 ALCS through Game 2 of the 1999 ALCS.
- The Yankees won a record 11 consecutive post season series, beginning with the 1998 ALDS and ending with the 2001 World Series. From 1927 to 1941, the Yankees won all eight of the World Series in which they played. The record for most World Series victories in consecutive years is five, established by the 1949-1953 Yankees.
- The only Yankee to ever win two post season MVP awards is Mariano Rivera, who earned the hardware in the 1999 World Series and 2003 ALCS.
- The Yankees post season winning percentage of .588 is better than the team’s regular season winning percentage of .564 (10,118W 7,723L 93T) from 1901 to 2015.