Javier Vazquez looks to rebound from a rocky opening start to his Yankees reunion. He will be opposed by Joel Pineiro, who also seeks to erase bad memories from his Angels debut.
|vs. Joel Pineiro||PA||BA||OBP||SLG||HR||RBI|
|Derek Jeter SS||31||0.222||0.323||0.444||2||2|
|Nick Johnson DH||19||0.267||0.333||0.267||0||2|
|Mark Teixeira 1B||36||0.258||0.361||0.581||2||10|
|Alex Rodriguez 3B||29||0.148||0.207||0.185||0||1|
|Robinson Cano 2B||7||0.429||0.429||0.714||0||1|
|Jorge Posada C||24||0.200||0.250||0.450||1||4|
|Curtis Granderson CF||11||0.111||0.182||0.111||0||1|
|Nick Swisher RF||25||0.300||0.400||0.350||0||2|
|Brett Gardner LF||0||0.000||0.000||0.000||0||0|
- Joel Pineiro has not started a game against the Yankees since July 18, 2006, when he was with the Seattle Mariners. He has not recorded a win against the Yankees since August 18, 2002.
- Only Bobby Abreu and Torri Hunter have had a significant number of ABs against Vazquez. In 81 PA, Abreu has a line of .282/.358/.746, while Hunter has hit .205/.225/.359 in 40 PA.
- Curtis Granderson and Derek Jeter both look to keep their season-long hitting streaks alive. Both players have had at least one hit in all 7 games played thus far.
- The Yankees 5-2 start is their best since 2003, when they started 6-1.
- The Angels 2-6 start is the worst for the franchise since 1972, when they also started 2-6.
- Milestone Alert: Alex Rodriguez’ next long ball will put him past Mark McGwire for 8th place on the all-time HR list, while Derek Jeter needs one hit to take over sole possession of 47th place from Vada Pinson on the all-time hits list.